Friday, September 10, 2010

My Farmville Shame

I am addicted to Farmville. The shame, THE SHAME!

Maybe its karma, because I use to scoff at people who played it - (okay maybe scoff is too harsh a term.) But now it is I who should be scoffed - Oh, the irony.

My addiction started when the iPhone app came out. During the summer, both at work and not, I had a lot of down-time on my hands. Finally a free game on the iPhone that I could play regularly. At first I played Farmville like a stealthy ninja keeping it way on the down low.

But somewhere along the way my farm became important to me and I could no longer hide my shame. After all, I needed friends to be my neighbors so I could get a bigger farm. So I had to came out of the proverbial Farmville closet.

I now play Farmville regularly. I choose the crops I plant based on when the will harvest, so I know I am free to harvest them. In otherwords, I literally play Farmville on a schedule.

The biggest drawback to playing Farmville is the constant spam it generates on Facebook. I hate that the more I play, the more my profile page on Facebook is drowned in 'Lost Cow' and 'Free Fuel' spam mails. It has taken over my Facebook page like a cancer.

Its also worth mentioning that I am not so addicted to the game that I will shell out my own money to play it.

I'll admit that the game is a useful distraction from homework. The game is not so involved that takes my attention away from studying for long periods of time. For that I am grateful. Before Farmville I played World of Warcraft. If I logged into WoW, that meant I wouldn't be doing anymore homework that night.

So I just need to come to grips with my shame and accept it.

Now if you will, excuse me... I need to harvest some Ghost Chili Peppers.
...

1 comment:

  1. I myself was addicted to Farmville once. I would say crazy things like "hold on guys I just gotta harvest my crops" Take my advice now...walk away :)

    ReplyDelete